Do you consider yourself a creative? Are you an artist – a photographer, a poet, graffiti artist, dancer, content creators, blogger, writer, musician, painter, sculptor, filmmaker, cartoonist / illustrator, animator, designer, playwright, producer, a community engager / volunteer, or social media influencer, innovating yourself or your work for social change? PAWA 254 is offering an opportunity that you will be interested in.
PAWA 254 offers a conducive ecosystem and workspace to industry professionals, startups, SMEs, individuals and organizations interested in joining its creative community. It encourages ARTivists in all creative fields to explore their talents using this space, referred to as an ‘Arts and Artivism Hub’. Since its inception, and being described as home of some of Nairobi’s most creative minds, PAWA 254 has built the capacity of over 30,000 ARTivists through workshops and trainings, while offering a platform for artists to innovate and explore their creative passion, with the aim of creating a positive social impact.
Through the 2019 cycle of the Ubuntu ARTivism Incubation programme, PAWA 254 will from April to July 2019 sponsor four individuals / small teams with full access to the PAWA254 Hub and its associated facilities and resources.
Successful applicants’ benefits
- Free workspace for 3 months (including meeting space*)
- Mentorship / partnership opportunities within PAWA 254 and partner networks
- Become part of the community and find expression
- Share knowledge with other professionals in the creative industry
- Sharpen skills – merge individuals / organizations to partner, do something for society
- Gain exposure to PAWA254 partner networks
Previous Ubuntu ‘Open’ Incubation Membership participants:
The aim of the programme is to facilitate the realization of agreed upon objectives in the project and organization. In the spirit and embodiment of PAWA254 – to create space and accommodate artistes, giving them a platform to harness their gifts, sharpen their strength and grow thereby turning diverse talents into avenues of meaningful economic engagement – this membership creates opportunities for emerging artists, civically and economically, to ensure they are not locked out of participation and assimilation into the wider community. This is a gateway to join the community, where we nurture, develop and harness relationships with artists and emerging organizations from the stage of dependence to independence to interdependence.
If you are a creative in any of the fields, here is your chance to improve your skills and nudge your creativity to life. Applications are ongoing and the deadline is 6:00pm on April 12th, 2019.
- 18th March to 12th April – Application period: General call out – across website, social media and networks
- 13th April to 16th April – Shortlisting: Shortlist applications to get ideal number – 4 for each cohort
- 22nd April – Finalists announcements: Pitch – shortlist pitch project for 3-months, and adoption of the project into the Community for a given season
- 2nd May to 30th July – Start of Ubuntu cycle: Assignment of a mentor to aid the incubation, and include weekly, monthly reporting frameworks: interaction and liaison with mentors
- 31st July – Closure & Presentation: gateway to community and relationships to continue
Applications for this Ubuntu ARTivism incubation cycle are now CLOSED.
For more information, kindly contact firstname.lastname@example.org