PAWA Initiative is Kenya’s unique art and activism collaborative hub that innovatively deploys art, media, and community organizing to foster and catalyze creative and community-driven projects for social change, across the country and beyond. Among the creatives who collaborate in the dynamic space are photographers, thespians, dancers, filmmakers, journalists, musicians and poets.
The hub is also home to bold social justice community organizers and activists focusing on human rights, good governance, anti- corruption, gender equality and climate change. With a vision to facilitate a bold, innovative and thriving art and media landscape to create a better Kenya, our work is organized around two thematic areas;
Art and Culture: Entails developing the capacity of emerging artists and facilitating the integration of this artistic expression for livelihoods activation and development. Under this thematic area PAWA works in partnership with other stakeholders to nurture and develop the skills and latent talents of emerging artistes for economic gains/sustainability of the individual artistes and the creative sector.
Civic Engagement & Social Accountability: PAWA uses art as a form of civic engagement where artistes utilize their creative genius for social good. PAWA deploys dance, poetry, graffiti, theatre, music, film/photography and other art genres to spark civic participation through focusing attention on emerging social concerns in the country and in the process prompting action by the citizenry.
PAWA has had one strategic plan from 2015- 2019. Based on this the consultant will be expected to complete the draft 2021-2025 strategic plan.
Scope of the consultancy
The scope of work will include:
- Reviewing and assessing the existing draft 2021-2025 strategic plan and the available literature available to ensure the following key elements are captured:
- significance and impact of current Organization’s programmers;
- Areas that need improvement in the Organization’s programmers;
- Key stakeholder’s views have been captured to contribute to the strategic direction of the Organization;
- Clear SMART strategic objectives have been identified
- Ensure that the plan has a clear mission and vision and that the strategic plan adheres to the tenets.
- The organization’s position to influence or contribute to addressing the identified gaps (including analysis of comparative advantage, SWOT and PESTEL)
2. Rectifying and inputting on any gaps identified from 1 above.
3. Developing an innovative strategy for the Organization’s work using the analysis of information from the preceding stages. The document should have a results framework and implementation plan. The Consultant will also work with PAWA finance team to cost the plan.
4. Working workshop with the board and staff in development of the strategic plan.
5. Facilitating engagements with the Board, staff, stakeholders and partners for the validation of the draft strategy document.
The Consultant shall undertake the assignment and submit deliverables within a period of 1 month from the date of signing the consultancy agreement.
- A post-graduate degree in art, social/political sciences, human rights law, Governance, Public Policy and Administration or any other related discipline (the team leader should possess this if applying as a consultancy firm or group);
- At least 3 years’ experience or a team member and knowledge on the creative arts, creative spaces, social justice, arts and human rights. NGO experience
- Strong communication and facilitation skills (oral, written and presentation skills); and
- 8 years’ experience in developing strategic plans, organizational frameworks, programmes design and logical framework approach, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation;
- Strong research and analysis skills both qualitative and quantitative;
SUBMISSION OF BIDS
Expressions of interest should contain a cover letter, a technical and financial proposals and the Consultant’s curriculum vitae.
The EOI should be sent strictly via email to: email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business, Thursday 11th February 2021. Please indicate EOI to finalize draft PAWA strategic plan as the subject of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.