BASIC JOB INFORMATION
Job Category: Editor/Film
Job Location: Nairobi
The objective of obtaining services of a video editor is to assist Pawa254 in editing several videos documenting different projects that are present at pawa254.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Manipulating and editing video clips in a way that is invisible to the audience.
- Understand, contribute and cooperate with production team’s needs and specifications
- Reviewing, shooting script and raw material to create creative output.
- Convert recorded footage into a finished project that matches organization’s vision and is suitable for broadcasting
- As a film and video editor, one should be able to merge seamlessly visual and sound in order to tell a compelling story
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of video clips
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects
- Create rough and final cuts
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth flow of the end product
- Consult with the concerned Videographer, Project Officers and Communication from production to post- production process.
- Continuously discover and implement new editing techniques and update technologies and organization’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Proven work experience as a video editor
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. shots compositing, Premiere, special effects, Photoshop, and Final Cut)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Adept at managing multiple work streams in a high-pressure setting
- Able to work independently and produce high-quality outputs under tight time constraints
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Creative, Resourceful, Capable of making mature, Independent decisions.
- Committed and have high regard and respect for teamwork.
- Be willing to work odd hours, on holidays and ready to travel to remote places.
How To Apply
Please submit your updated showreel and three references with salary expectations through email: firstname.lastname@example.org and copying email@example.com by Friday 8th October 2021.